- Shamoon Reappears, Poised for a New Wiper Attack
- Worst Password Blunders of 2018 Hit Organizations East and West
- Android Trojan Targets PayPal Users
- Bug Hunting Paves Path to Infosec Careers
- U.S. Defense, Critical Infrastructure Companies Targeted in New Threat Campaign
- Deception: Honey vs. Real Environments
- ThreatList: Holiday Spam, the Perfect Seasonal Gift for Criminals
- Operation Sharpshooter Takes Aim at Global Critical Assets
- CVE-2018-1149 & CVE-2018-1150 NUUO DVR firmware exploits
- SVG Document ActiveX Execution In Word
- September 2018
- June 2018
- October 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2012
- September 2009
This is based off a webpage i found around 2003-ish that had pseudo nutritional facts of the server specs. Only problem is I had just the html output saved. So I finally got around to doing the backend code to give realtime outputs of hdd space,memory,network stats,users,& uptime. Tested on a Rapsberry Pi running Raspian. The code is ugly nd was quickly done so there may be some inherent security issues in the code so dont put on a production server facing the web without testing. Result may vary on your system due to system calls, adjust accordingly.
As part of the cheap home automation project I am currently working on, I needed to get some temperature sensor info to my webserver. For the brain of my project I’ll be using a Raspberry Pi.
I had ordered a 5pk of DS18B20 temperature sensors so i can visualize monthly temperatures and eventually control my thermostat. In order to get the sensors working on the Pi, I needed to do a few things:
First I had to setup the pi to add OneWire support. I started by editing the boot config file with nano by running
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
I scrolled to the bottom and added the following line:
then pressed ctrl+x and y to confirm, then
sudo nano /etc/modules
add the following 2 lines to the bottom:
I again press ctrl+x and y to confirm , then shutdown my pi.
I then hooked my sensors up to a 4.7k pullup resistor using the following diagram:
I booted my Pi back up and tested to see that my sensors were detected by typing the following command into the terminal:
cd 28-xxxx (change this to match what serial number pops up)
The temperature is shown in the last five digits on the second line. (You need to divide this number by 1000 to get the temperature in degrees Celcius).
You finally need to have Apache2 and PHP5 installed on your Pi.
I had looked online for php code that had outputted the temperature from sensors and found that everyone had hardcoded the sensor ID’s in their code , since I wanted my automation to be as painless as possible, I wrote my own php script to automatically get all the sensor ID’s and then convert the output to Celsius and Fahrenheit. I have this on https://github.com/xillwillx/DS18B20
Add temp.php to /var/www/ then visit http://127.0.0.1/temp.php
Page output should look similar to this:
Sensor ID#: 28-0214640d18ff = 26 °C / 79 °F
Sensor ID#: 28-02146409b9ff = 25 °C / 77 °F
And that’s it! I will be added more posts as i finish each portion of my home automation project. My goal is trying to get it all done for less than $200.
Testing out the Web interface for Raspberry Pi home automation.
So a few weeks ago I saw a post on Hackaday of a project from Pat, who managed to stuff a bluetooth controller into an old SNES controller. He was using it to play games on his Amazon Fire stick. I had purchased a Firestick when they first came out for $19. I honestly didn’t use it much because I had a Roku already that I used heavily for streaming etc. But I love old school emulators so I wanted to do this project. Unfortunately if you look at Pat’s site, he did not document his journey building his controller, fortunately for you readers I did. I did have a few hurdles along the way. Continue reading
Work in Progress, will update asap….